© Reuters. Fire Marianne Lake? JPMorgan CFO “open” to bitcoin
- JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM) is “very open minded” to possible uses of cryptocurrencies if “property controlled and regulated,” says CFO Marianne Lake, speaking on the bank’s earnings call.
- Last month, the bank’s CEO Jamie Dimon made plenty of news calling bitcoin a “fraud” and threatening to fire any employee trading it. Dimon this morning: “I’m not going to talk about bitcoin anymore.”
- JPM is higher by 0.6% after its earnings beat.
- Bitcoin is up 8% today to a record $5,200.
- Related tickers: OTCPK:BTCS, OTCPK:BTSC, OTCQX:GBTC, OTCPK:GAHC, OTC:ARSC, OTCQB:MGTI
- Now read: Bitcoin: This Is Not 2013