© Reuters. BlackBerry ends patent dispute with BLU Products
- BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) signs a new license agreement with BLU Products to end a patent dispute.
- BLU, a maker of low-end Android phones, was sued by BlackBerry last year for violating its patents. Terms were not disclosed.
- Under the agreement, BLU will make on-going payments to BlackBerry.
- BlackBerry, which holds about 40K worldwide patents and applications, has increased its defenses of those patents while working on rebranding as a software company.
- Previously: BlackBerry will transfer to NYSE on October 16 (Oct. 3)
- Now read: This Tepid, Mostly-Inorganic Growth Is As Good As It Gets For BlackBerry