© Reuters. Alibaba, Red Hat announce cloud partnership
- Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) Cloud will start hosting Red Hat (NYSE:RHT) customers on its platform and offer the latter’s products to its customers.
- Alibaba joins Red Hat’s Certified Cloud and Service Provider program and will soon list Red Hat products in its cloud marketplace.
- Customers with on-premise Red Hat subscriptions will have the option of moving to Alibaba Cloud without cutting ties to Red Hat.
- In August, Alibaba announced its cloud business crossed 1M paying customers and brought in $359M for the quarter.
- In Q2, Alibaba Cloud held 2.6% of the global cloud infrastructure services market. The company falls well behind market leaders Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) Web Services (13.8%) and Microsoft Azure (NASDAQ:MSFT) but is gaining on Google’s third place standing at 5.9%.
- Previously: China pressing for state investments in key tech firms (Oct. 11)
- Now read: Trends Driving Red Hat